Friday, October 8, 2010

April, May, June & July

I know I haven't updated this in about 4 months but there's been alot happening at the Penrod house.. It started off April 9Th when Mom and Dad were in a horrible car accident and a young girl lost her life. As I was driving to gas up my car to go to Tucson where they were air-vac McKinley asked why I was crying and if her Nana and Papa were ok. I replied yes and there's no need to cry Heavenly Father would take care of them. After the wreck I was going to their house every morning for most of the day to take them to appointments and basically take care of my parents. My mom suffered 11 broken ribs, was bruised literally head to toe and tore the meniscus in her knee so she had to have surgery. My dad suffered a really swollen hand which we thought was broke, injury to his hip, neck and back, and lots of glass in his head (that the hospital didn't take out I did). Then the 27Th McKinley was burned (refer to previous post). The first part of May we closed the Jewelry Store and packed up 7 years of inventory. June we got to go camping once waaaaay down by Payson with Kevin & Chrystie. Needless to say it wasn't fun getting there. Macy got car sick and our huge hairy dog had to ride in my Yukon. Once we got there it was ok though! July we celebrated the 4Th as usual. We watched the parade, took Tammy and her friend fishing, went to Luna to buy fireworks, watched the UFC fight with Brandon and Tina, BBQed, watched fireworks, and layed on the trampoline. The four of us were on the trampoline and we spotted a airplane and McKinley says "mom I'm gonna get on an airplane and go see George Jetson!" We laughed really hard cause she's so darn cute! The next weekend we took the girls to my parents and went to Pinetop for the weekend with some family. It was only 4 of us and we had soo much fun. We rode quads in the pouring rain, ate out, went to the casino for the very first and last time, went fishing, made an awesome dinner at the "cabin" (brand new house to us), the men had a lovely skunk experience, and most of important got to spend some quality time with my husband! The 15Th of July McKinley had her tonsils removed and I'm really glad that's over! When I get my new computer back from HP I will post some pics of all our craziness!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Lacey! You are as tough as nails to not have a breakdown with all that happening! Sounds like things are looking up now which is good. Sorry to hear you guys closed up shop. my parents just sold their store last week and it's so bitter sweet! anyways, keep fighting the good fight. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete